DEC Pro 350

Paul Koning paulkoning at comcast.net
Mon Feb 26 14:27:32 CST 2018

> On Feb 26, 2018, at 2:56 PM, Kurt Hamm <kurt at hamm.me> wrote:
>
> Yeah, the fact that the issue is intermittent (mostly not booting) is weird.
>
> Just to be clear,  You mentioned a 25 pin connector.  My understanding is that the console port is the printer port which is a 9 pin connector.

Sorry, you're right, my bad memory.  The DB25 is at the other end of the standard DEC cables, of course.

The relevant documentation is table 5-26, page 181 (5-131) of the PRO technical manual, volume 1.  "Terminal L" (pin 9) is the signal that says "this is a console terminal" -- jumper that to signal ground (pin 7).  That is also stated explicitly on page 177 (5-127), third paragraph.

	paul