qd32 trouble

Jay Jaeger cube1 at charter.net
Wed Feb 21 09:44:13 CST 2018

I *might* be able to help, *if* you also have a MicroVax you can plug
this controller into - eventually (months).  I have a pair of MicroVaxen
with Emulex QD32 SMD controllers in my collection.  (My inventory shows
them as QD325, but I expect that is a misnomer; my notes indicate QD32).

With those machines I also got an Emulex Diagnostic tape, VX9962004 Rev
J.  My notes indicate it has these diagnostics:

FQD01M MSCP Formatter:  QD01, QD32, SC03
FVD03M: UCxx Host Adapter Format
FVD32M MSCP Formatter: QD01, QD32, SC41, SC03
IQC02: DHV11 Option of CS02/H Diagnostic
IQT12: TS11 Compatible QT12/TC03 Diagnostic
IVC23E: CS23/CS04 Diagnostic

I have not used that tape in several years, though, I don't seem to have
made an image of that tape at this point (shame on me).  (Now on my ToDo
list - but it will probably be a couple of months).