Bendix G-15 [was: Re: VCF PNW 2018: Pictures!]

Cory Heisterkamp coryheisterkamp at gmail.com
Sun Feb 18 20:25:35 CST 2018

On Feb 18, 2018, at 1:53 PM, Brent Hilpert via cctalk wrote:

> Paul Pierce has a G-15:
> 		http://www.piercefuller.com/collect/bendix/index.html
>
> Or he did, ca 2001.
>
> I would so like to be restoring a tube computer.
>
> How is Cory's LGP-30 project going, if he's reading?

Looks like I spot Paul's LGP-30s there as well. Good for parts, but I understand the drums are unsalvageable.

I'm at a temporary standstill with mine due to an issue with two of the recirc registers, problem believed to be at the drum. Unlike a lot of 'other' gear, I have to tread lightly on this stage of the troubleshooting and have been keeping my eyes out for the correct miniature Winchester connectors to be able to switch in/out the heads. So, not a lot of progress has been made since last spring, but I did bring the machine up last month to exercise the bearings and Flexowriter. Also fabbed-up and installed replacement 'wings' for the control panel which are missing from practically all of them, so it's at least looking better.

Jurgen Muller's LittleGP-30 kit has been fun to put together, now I just need to brush up on my programming.

I also had the fortune of seeing the University of Stuttgart's 100% functional LGP-30 this winter...some pics here: https://photos.app.goo.gl/d5UL8ps5eAkEdCPs2

-C