Data IO 29B / Unipak 2B adapter?

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Sat Feb 3 11:21:30 CST 2018

> Mattis,
>
> I have one, want to keep it.
> But if you send me the proms I'll read them for you.

I understand that you want to keep the adapter. I prefer not to ship the
PROMs either since I hade several small shipments being lost.

Maybe you could open it and take a photo on both sides?

I took me 351B-086 adapter apart and traced it out. It was quite simple.

Here is a quick and dirty schematic I did:
http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/UnipakAdapter.pdf and
the http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/UnipakAdapter.zip
(for all files)

The crucial part is to undertand how the 74HC299 is configured since it is
used as give the personality of the module. The inputs is either grounded
or VCC.

Other than that all pins are connected to the 36 pin connector. I believe
that in the case of the 351B-068 the number of address bits a re quite much
less so it would be quite simple to trace out if you have time.

/Mattis