More old stuff incoming

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Wed Dec 19 07:08:31 CST 2018

> >  The broader GUI vintage includes all Windows/MAC, Amiga, NeXT, SGI
> desktops made for home use,
>
> >Whoah whoah whoah, what?
>
> >SGI made home computers?!

I knew people who had them at home, but expand my distinction into the home
business desktop publishing people.    Most people did not have an SGI or
NeXT at home, unless they had a business reason or got them after they were
surplussed from their workplace.  I was once offered the Xerox 386
workstation from my work, in 1995.  It was only about 7 years old when my
work was going to chuck it as obsolete. I was the only person who knew how
to use it so they were just going to give it to me.  As butt head I turned
them down, at the time I did not want it.  Nice GUI system with optical
mouse and Page Maker software.

Bill