Orphan HP Alphaservers looking for a new home

Richard Loken rlloken at telus.net
Mon Dec 17 18:14:45 CST 2018

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018, Grant Taylor via cctalk wrote:

> On 12/17/2018 04:02 PM, Richard Loken via cctalk wrote:
>> I have immediate access to four Alphaservers, an RA8000 raid server, and
>> the associated fibre switches in need of a new home.
>
> Where are the servers located?  Are they in Athabasca, Alberta Canada near
> you?

Yes, they are within 1/2 mile of me...  In Athabasca, Alberta Canada

> Is the owner keeping the raw disks or are they disks staying in sleds /
> enclosures?  Read:  Are the enclosures sans-disks available?

I can get the sleds if they are of use to you.  These machines all use the
narrow HP Storage Works carriers not the wide blue or green ones.

>> They can be had for free but shipping will most assuridly not be free.
>
> Does it need to move as a single lot?  Or is someone (you?) willing to passel
> things out (assuming everything moves relatively quickly)?

All the dispersal, packing, and shipping will be done by me.  The owner
wants no part of it.  I am willing to send small quantities of things
hither and yon.  Shipping a DS15 will be hard work but possible, shipping
an ES45 will be seriously hard.  I am unwilling to box and ship the
RA8000/HSG80 but I am willing to part it out.

Anybody who wants to come visit Athabasca with a 1/2 ton truck can have the
whole lot including the 7 foot rack or a subset of the whole.  I would be
thrilled not to have to pack and ship stuff.

--
   Richard Loken VE6BSV         	  : "...underneath those tuques we wear,
   Athabasca, Alberta Canada       : our heads are naked!"