Orphan HP Alphaservers looking for a new home

Grant Taylor cctalk at gtaylor.tnetconsulting.net
Mon Dec 17 17:59:25 CST 2018

On 12/17/2018 04:45 PM, Tapley, Mark via cctalk wrote:
> I hope hard enough that this cluster gets saved that if no-one else comes
> forward, I’d like to be notified….I’m not certain what I could
> arrange, but the thought of running my own personal Alpha supercomputer
> … wow.

Agreed.

> Not sure how to solve the license issue though. I assume OpenVMS doesn’t
> support that level of parallelization?

I'm not sure what to make of OpenVMS doesn't support this level of
parallelization.

I know that (Open)VMS has some impressive clustering abilities.  But I
don't know how parallel different jobs can be.  I would assume that it
is highly dependent on the job at hand and how it was coded.

--
Grant. . . .
unix || die