Core memory emulator using non volatile ram.

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Sat Dec 15 11:15:10 CST 2018

On 12/15/2018 03:22 AM, Rod G8DGR via cctalk wrote:
> I have an idea to produce an MM-8  clone using RAM that acts like core when turned off.
> Can anybody suggest a chip that will do this?

Any CMOS SRAM chips can do this, with a backup battery.  I
used a IS62WV6416DBLL in a project a while ago.  I did not
use in in battery-backed mode, but it could do that.  You do
have to make sure that any outputs from the memory are
driven to the high-impedance state during power-off to
prevent draining the battery.

Jon