Documation TM200 card reader - pinch roller restoration

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Fri Dec 14 14:21:49 CST 2018

On Tue, Oct 16, 2018 at 4:29 PM Guy Dunphy via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:

> Update:
> I've received good clear photos of the roller pairs, from which I can work out a sufficiently accurate
> diameter for the pinch roller. Thanks David and Ed.
>
> My guess of 27.5 WAS quite a bit off. Preliminary working from the photo gives a roller Dia of 27.2 mm,
> ie only just touching.  But that was done late at night, and from only one measurement.
> I'll post a more detailed result later today.

 I have what appears to be a firm and intact upper 2nd roller on my
M600 (it's the other one that's turning to goo)

I measured the roller to be:
  O.D. (rubber)  26.6mm (~1.048")
  hub O.D. (metal) ~13.9mm (~0.55")
  I.D.  (metal)  ~6.4mm (fits 1/4 D-shaft)
  width ~9.5 (0.375 - seems to be 3/8")

...in case it's possible to find a standard roller.  The shaft
diameter and roller width are certainly common Imperial values.

-ethan

It's possible the roller is a standard