PET peve thing... Editors

Sean Conner spc at conman.org
Wed Dec 12 23:05:38 CST 2018

It was thus said that the Great allison via cctalk once stated:
> On 12/12/2018 03:04 PM, Sean Conner via cctalk wrote:
> > It was thus said that the Great allison via cctalk once stated:
> >> The whole thing comes from a project for myself...
> >> I wanted a very basic screen based editor written in 8080/8085/z80 asm
> >> and compact
> >> (as in under 4K).  I figured first lets inquire of the Internet to see
> >> if I need to and code exists...
> >   I remember typing in TED.ASM from one of the PC magazines in the late 80s.
> > Yes, it's for MS-DOS, but:
> >
> > 	1) The 8086 is somewhat, kind of, source compatible with the
> > 	8080/Z80 (if you squint hard enough)
>
> Your not serious?  Z80 or 8080 to 8086 is not too bad but the other way
> is plain nuts.

  I learned assembly on the 6809, then the 8086 (technically the 8088). I've
always heard that it was designed to make porting code from the 8080/Z80
easy.  But I never really learned the assembly for the 8080/Z80.  I only
mentioned it because I think (if I recall) TED.COM was limited to editing
around 60K or so (one segment's worth of memory).

  But I can see it won't fit your needs.

  -spc