CDC floppy disks on Ebay.

Guy Dunphy guykd at optusnet.com.au
Sun Dec 9 17:30:18 CST 2018

At 02:29 PM 9/12/2018 -0800, you wrote:
>I will be bidding on these

I hope you get them. Cheaply.
And if so, please let us know if the data was recoverable. I have some quite old
floppies to someday get around to attempting to recover. Really curious to see
whether floppies suffer 'data evaporation' over time or not.

FWIW, years ago a friend of mine found some important floppies of his had all
developped mold on the magnetic surfaces. Which fouled read heads, making them
useless. We found that slitting open the covers, taking out the disks and
literally washing them in the bathtub with soap and water, drying, then putting
back in the covers, worked!

Guy