PDP-8/e

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sat Dec 8 09:31:30 CST 2018

    > From: Jay Jaeger

    > That code would not run in Windows of course, but it wouldn't be all
    > that difficult for someone with a C programming background to move it
    > to Windows under gnucc, or even Microsoft C++ or C#.

I highly recommend CygWin (which comes with 'gnucc) for doing C stuff under
Windoze:

  https://www.cygwin.com/

Most Unix/Linux code just compiles and runs under it; modulo stuff that uses
things that are so Unix/Linux specific that there's no Windows equivalent,
but that's not much - fork() is even there. If you already know Unix/Linux,
it makes for a very low-learning-curve transition.

	Noel