DECUS PDP-11 SPACE WAR?

Bill Degnan billdegnan at gmail.com
Sat Dec 8 09:00:48 CST 2018

On Fri, Dec 7, 2018, 6:09 PM Adrian Stoness via cctalk <
cctalk at classiccmp.org wrote:

> someone should get the source off him and put it out on  the web
>
> On Fri, Dec 7, 2018 at 4:34 PM Mattis Lind via cctalk <
> cctalk at classiccmp.org>
> wrote:
>
> > Den fre 7 dec. 2018 kl 23:04 skrev Al Kossow via cctalk <
> > cctalk at classiccmp.org>:

> > > For all intents and purposes, no
> > >
> > > DECUS threw them out.
> > >

> > Sad.
> >

> > > About the only thing that survives are the titles that
> > > were included on some of the SIG tapes.
> > >
> > > Working on gathering what parts still survive in individual
> > > collections would be a good thing, but I'm not holding my
> > > breath for it to happen.
> > >

> > I will check the labels of all the RL01, RL02, RK05 and RK07 packs I have
> > to see if there happens to be any DECUS  material on them.
> >
> > However I found one Bill Seiler in Santa Cruz that is very likely to be
> the
> > very Bill Seiler that wrote the original SPACE WAR for PDP-11. Since he
> at
> > least had the source in 2006 it might be so that he still has it?

I have at least one rk05 with decus material but I have not yet completed
the install/restoration of the drive and controller I have for my pdp 11/05
or 11/40 to run and read the disks I have on hand.

Who is the closest person to Philadelphia with a working pdp 11 and rk05
drive, the LSSM in Pittsburgh perhaps?  I can take to Dave tonseenif he is
willing to read in my 30 or so rk05 disks next time I visit there....or if
anyone with more experience than I would like to pop over to assist me for
an afternoon to get it running, please contact me via my web site.   I'd be
willing to trade a pack or two for the help.  I have working rk05s on my
pdp8e that we can borrow if need be so I am pretty sure soon enough I'll
have success.  Part of my delay has been the fact that on my 11s I run
rl02s dont need rk05s.
Bill