The near-mythical IBM color MDA

Fred Cisin cisin at xenosoft.com
Thu Aug 23 22:24:40 CDT 2018

On Thu, 23 Aug 2018, Ali via cctalk wrote:
> Which revision MDA is this? I have an original NEC Multisync and I have
> a tone of MDA cards including one in one the first 5000 IBM 5150s
> produced. I would love to get color out of it just for the sake of doing
> it. Do you still have your demo programs?

Do any of yours have the 6 pin Berg connector near the top of the mounting
plate?  Some did.   On CGA, that connector is for light pen.
Supposedly some early MDAs had pins 3,4,5 connected (not connected in
later ones).  That MIGHT be the same ones as have the light-pen?
connector.

https://www.seasip.info/VintagePC/mda.html#cmda

http://www.minuszerodegrees.net/5150/early/5150_early.htm