Using M122 keyboards on a PC

Ali cctalk at ibm51xx.net
Thu Aug 23 13:36:50 CDT 2018

> terminal keyboards on a PC. But please be aware that ONLY the keys
> found on
> a normal PC keyboard will work! You can do some remapping, but F13-F24
> will
> not be available, and some keys will not operate the same as they did
> on the
> original keyboard. I have used these to test Wyse (with removable

This is incorrect. The Soarer convertor is made for IBM KBs so it may have
issues with Wyse KBs. However, on IBM 122 key KBs it works beautifully. You
can remap ALL the keys including F13-F24. I have as my main KB an IBM F122
KB w/ the LED lights. I have F13-F24 remapped to windows, menu, and media
keys w/ new key caps from Unicomp.

-Ali