Dilog DQ604 RL01 / RL02 emulation on ST506/ST412 disk.

Mattis Lind mattislind at gmail.com
Wed Aug 22 01:50:22 CDT 2018

I unearthed some old TU58 tapes that luckily was readable (after carefully
replacing the tension band)

It resulted in two RT11 V4 images with two versions of the formatter
program. One is bootable and the other not.

http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/Dilog/DQ604/sq604c.dsk
http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/Dilog/DQ604/sq604d.dsk

I tried to run the formatter program in Simh:

.run sq604C.sav

TEST AND FORMAT DQ604 DISK SYSTEM (REV C.)

DRIVE FORMATS AS RL01 UNIT (5.24 MB)

SWITCH 3 CLOSED ENABLES BOOTSTRAP

THERE ARE 17 PHYSICAL SECTORS PER TRACK

(2) ALTERNATE CYLINDERS MAY BE ASSIGNED PER UNIT

THE INTERLACE FACTORS ARE TWO OR THREE TO ONE

DATA BUFFER ERROR

USE PROCEED (P) TO REPEAT TEST

HALT instruction, PC: 006312 (BR 6202)

.RUN SQ604D

TEST AND FORMAT DQ604 DISK SYSTEM (REV C.)

DRIVE FORMATS AS RL02 UNIT (10.48 MB)

SWITCH 3 CLOSED ENABLES BOOTSTRAP

THERE ARE 17 PHYSICAL SECTORS PER TRACK

(4) ALTERNATE CYLINDERS MAY BE ASSIGNED PER UNIT

THE INTERLACE FACTORS ARE TWO OR THREE TO ONE

DATA BUFFER ERROR

USE PROCEED (P) TO REPEAT TEST

HALT instruction, PC: 006312 (BR 6202)

So it appears to be runnable.

I also found the manual for the board and scanned it:

http://storage.datormuseum.se/u/96935524/Datormusuem/Dilog/DQ604/DQ604.pdf

Now the next step is to see if this can make the DQ604 board I have working
with David Gessweins MFM emulator.