German Translation, Serial Port?

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Fri Aug 10 15:07:24 CDT 2018

in case anyone is interested...Actually the coupler does communicate with the GX007 but only optionally. The serial control simply loops through from the coupler to the GX unit and right to a serial terminal (my understanding from various docs I have gathered on the subject). The TX/RX lines just loop directly in and then back out of the GX to the DB25 serial port.

I agree, however, that the length could easily exceed the specs for RS232. In fact I had expected this system to  use some differential signalling like RS422/485 and was surprised that it did not seem to. The serial communication is actually optional. There are about 26 lines (4 power, 3 serial comm and about 19 others) used to either configure or report status. Personally I would prefer to use the serial control to avoid running 26 lines from the shack to the antenna site.

Ultimately, this coupler only needs 26VDC @ 6A and nothing else. It will work totally automatically (when set to work that way). But it is nice to get temperature and other details from the status messages.

http://w2hx.com/x/RohdeSchwarz/ebay%20pix/s-l500%20(7).jpg