Clock batteries...

Gregory Beat w9gb at icloud.com
Sun Aug 5 13:02:06 CDT 2018

Not exactly.  The TL-5242 is more than 3 times the price and chemistry difference.
I assume you do not desire to replace the Lithium Coin Cell ?  or can’t find?

Tadrian TL-5242-W Lithium battery
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Tadiran-Batteries/TL5242W?qs=Yk42LiOZU8T3HaRcWXYg9A%3D%3D
Data sheet
https://www.mouser.com/ds/2/474/TL-5242-W-1214138.pdf

BR2335 Lithium Coin Cell w/solder terminals (BR2335-T3L)

After Panasonic purchased Sanyo, a decade ago,
they control about 70% of the global lithium coin cell market.
https://industrial.panasonic.com/ww/products/batteries/primary-batteries/lithium-batteries?list=1
Panasonic refers to your solder terminal profile as “Type G”, 3-pin mount.
They have designated a suffix for each style, in this case GUFN or GUN.
==
Panasonic BR 2330 “Type G”.  Suffix: GUFN (yellow insulator) and GUN (no insulator)
Size and mounting identical.  255 mAh rating.

The GUFN at Mouser for $2.05 each (not currently in stock)
https://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Panasonic-Battery/BR-2330-GUFN?qs=rqxQITSEgRTHNfPNTTSqmg%3D%3D
Panasonic Data Sheet
https://industrial.panasonic.com/cdbs/www-data/pdf2/AAA4000/AAA4000D95.pdf

Ray-O-Vac BR 2335-T3L Lithium Coin Cell, 300 mAh
Data sheet
http://farnell.com//datasheets/1728610.pdf?_ga=2.53046696.1289741559.1533439505-342454128.1528727046

Where to BUY ?
Solder Tab lithium batteries are used in MILLIONS of Mobile devices
(Toll Road transponders, various auto/truck dongles, etc.).
Electronics Distributors: Digi-Key, Mouser, Future, Allied, and Newark/Farnell stock these lithium coin cells.
In addition, Batteries Plus retail stores (across North America) have Solder Tab Welders “on premise” and can create the coin cell you desire (Just In Time needs).
This consumer convenience is higher in cost.

Lithium Coin cells are PROHIBITED from domestic Air Shipment (USPS Priority Mail) —
SO shipping costs can be higher and require longer time.  I order my needs 2 or 3 times each year, of the most popular profiles.

Panasonic Lithium Battery Catalog (circa 2015)
https://industrial.panasonic.com/ww/system/files/data/download/catalog/id_lithium_e.pdf?download=1

greg
==
Does anybody know if external 3.6 VDC batteries, like the TL5242,
are the counterpart for on board 3.0 VDC batteries, like the BR2335-T3L?