CBM 2040/3040/4040/2031/2031LP loan needed

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Thu Aug 2 13:01:28 CDT 2018

I am wondering if anyone relatively near Southeast Iowa might have a
working 170kB 5.25" IEEE drive I can borrow for a few weeks.

I know it's a long shot, and you'd think I'd have one sitting here, but
all my boat anchor PET drives in my stack are 8050 units.

I am hoping to add some functionality to ZoomFloppy to support these
drives. I've tried approximating the 4040 with an MSD drive using the
IEEE connection, with no success.

While I am happy to buy a unit for a reasonable price, and I'll check
online for items for sale, that would most likely involve shipping, and
the PET drives are ill-suited to ship (financially, and for the health
of the unit)

It's not a show stopper, as VCF-MW is coming up soon, and I no doubt can
borrow a unit from someone then or maybe even fix the code that weekend
with a loaner unit.  Still, if I can create some success before hand, so
much the better.

Jim

--
Jim Brain