Unknown Z80 CPU board and backplane ID anyone?

Adrian Graham binarydinosaurs at gmail.com
Wed Aug 1 18:28:14 CDT 2018

> On 31 Jul 2018, at 17:20, Bob Smith via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>
> Varian made a bunch of specialized systems/Devices used in Lab environments.

Thanks to everyone who’s replied! It’s a pity we don’t have a ROM board or anything that might identify these boards further. It’s one of those things that will turn up unexpectedly and I’ll think ‘I’ve seen that board/logo before’ then spend ages trying to work out where I’d seen it :)

> On Mon, Jul 30, 2018 at 9:45 PM, Rob Doyle via cctalk
> <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>> That logo is Varian and Associates.
>>
>> http://www.logobook.com/logo/varian-and-associates/
>>
>> Rob.
>>

>> On 7/30/2018 10:27 AM, Adrian Graham via cctalk wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi folks,
>>>
>>> A friend of mine in the UK is looking for any info on the following
>>> boards. The CPU board is marked ‘VA 03-907023-00’ and features a Z80 with
>>> 16K RAM and an 18.432MHz crystal. The backplane is also VA and has 11

--
adrian/witchy
Owner of Binary Dinosaurs, the UK's biggest home computer collection?