8085 Dissasembly?

W2HX w2hx at w2hx.com
Mon Apr 16 20:35:10 CDT 2018

Hi Glen, Allison, Jonathan, Chuck, et. al.

Thanks everyone for the suggestions. I investigated the IDA Pro and unfortunately, the freeware version does not support 8085 and their lowest tier version costs $700 (ouch), but I will look into others like DASMx.  In case anyone is interested in the project, this is a transmitter system. There is one button called PWR when pressed it cycles through different output power levels - 125W, 500W, 1KW and then back to 125W and so on. Problem is, I have a 500W amp, not a 1KW amp. The manufacturer was kind enough to explain that they never got around to updating the firmware in the remote control for the 500W system and therefore it assumes 1KW is available. In my case when 1KW comes around the system goes into "funk mode".  All I am looking to do is to remove the 1KW option and have it cycle from 125W, 500W and back to 125W. I am hoping this could be done with a JMP in the right place or some NOOPs or something.

Appreciate the responses.
Eugene W2HX