To be scrapped in as little as 2 months

Alan Perry aperry at snowmoose.com
Mon Apr 16 10:39:31 CDT 2018

> On Apr 16, 2018, at 8:05 AM, Bill Gunshannon via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

>> On 04/16/2018 10:54 AM, Alan Perry wrote:
>> There are a few cross conversations going on here and in separate e-mail and maybe some confusion.
>>
>> On Friday, I am going to meet Pete to pick up the Suns and do some prep for later coming back to get the Alphas and the keypunch. I may also pick up Alphas, depending on my judgment on Fri whether I can transport them safely.
>>
>> There will be a second trip to pick up the keypunch and Alphas not picked up in the first trip. It is going to take at least two people to move and load the keypunch. I plan on using the first trip to evaluate whether two will be enough. Also, Pete says that stuff needs to be moved to access the Alphas and the keypunch. I intend to do some of that on the first trip.
>
> Might be interesting to know what stuff has to be moved.  :-)

Yeah, I was wondering about whether any of the stuff that needs to be moved is of interest.

>> One complication is that the guy helping with the second trip is also intended in the Alphas.

I intended to write ‘interested’ here. Thanks, autocorrect!

> No big deal.  If you have a taker for the Alphas out there at least they
> don't end up
> in the skip.

We can discuss this offline.

>> As far as getting one or more Alpha to Wellsboro ... it would be a race car team transporting the machine. I would make arrangements at the race in Portland this coming weekend, drop the equipment off with them at the next race in WA state and the equipment would be at the race after that in Wellsboro. But, at this time, I have not yet identified a team that would do it. They would want specifics on the Alphas that I don’t yet have.
>
> I can't wait to hear where the racetrack is ion Wellsboro cause I sure
> can't see one
> on Google Maps.  Ours (Hamlin Speedway) is rather obvious in satellite
> view.  :-)

We don’t race on tracks. It is called ‘stage rally’, the US version of the World Rally Championship. They race against the clock on closed, gravel roads. The cars are street-legal and, to get from one timed section to the next, they drive on open, public roads, obeying the rules of the road. On the timed sections, someone sits in the passenger seat calling out a detailed description of the next turns coming up to the driver. When I competed, I was one of those guys reading directions.

The Wellsboro rally is called STPR (Susquehannock Trail Performance Rally).

alan