Which Dec Emulation is the MOST useful and Versatile?

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Tue Oct 31 20:07:34 CDT 2017

On 10/30/2017 03:44 PM, Paul Koning wrote:

> The timing is carefully orchestrated, including of course provision
> for cable delays.
I'm reminded of a unit manager at CDC that I worked with for a time.
His first job at CDC as a fresh EE out of UofMinn was to measure all the
loops of cable on the backplane of the then-new 6600 to which Seymour
had attached tags that read "TUNE".

One marvels at the fiddling that must have been involved getting the
thing to run.  Fun with taper pins...

Cray was certainly a character.  Another associate regaled us with his
experience outside Seymour's lab in Chippewa Falls, sitting with a
couple of others in a car on a cold dark winter night exchanging code
and listings with Cray's daughter at the door.  He was not about to let
them inside...

--Chuck