H7861 PSU issues

Aaron Jackson aaron at aaronsplace.co.uk
Tue Oct 31 16:26:10 CDT 2017

Just had another look after watching a video about how switch mode power
supplies work.... On the small control board connecting to J4, there are
two D44Q1 transistors. As expected, there is about 65KHz going into the
base of the transistor for the 5V side. However, there is no signal
going into the base of the transistor for the 12V side, from pin 3 of
the 555. So, it looks like the problem is coming from around here. I
measured the suspicious components around the 555 and they seem fine.

How likely is it that the 555 is dead? There is 10v going into pin 8,
which I believe is correct.

Thanks,

Aaron.

--
Aaron Jackson
PhD Student, Computer Vision Laboratory, Uni of Nottingham