Tubbs fire consumed the collected archives of William Hewlett and David Packard

Kevin Parker trash80 at internode.on.net
Sun Oct 29 18:59:29 CDT 2017

Very sad when I hear stories like this and I'm not precluding the people who were directly affected by this - I'm located in Australia and while bushfires are a fact of life here, they're still devastating.

Just going to toss an idea out there - have no idea how this might work but thought I'd toss it out there.

It seems with the internet that crowd-sourcing is way of resourcing things. Maybe we (that's us on this list) need to apply this concept to the scanning and archiving and retention of any paper based repositories that still exist. I'll call it crowd-scanning for the time being.

Kevin Parker