NEC 4164-12

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Sun Oct 29 00:14:04 CDT 2017

One caution for 4164s. When they first came out, there were some that were 256 cycle refresh and others that were 128 cycle.

There is no way by looking at them to tell which is which other than getting a matching original manufacture document.

Many machines expect 128 cycle. You can use 256 cycle on chips designed for 128 but not the other way around.

Most Z80 setups only do 128 unless it has additional hardware to handle the extra bit ( not to likely ).

Dwight