Drive capacity names (Was: WTB: HP-85 16k RAM Module and HPIB Floppy Drive

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Fri Nov 17 11:26:12 CST 2017

On 11/17/2017 09:17 AM, allison via cctech wrote:

> Also the Syquest 270mb IDE/parallel port cartridge disk.  I have one
> that works
> and over a dozen carts.  Its still in use in a ITX box using the IDE
> interface.  After
> two decades of use it seems solid.

I've left out the non-floppy technologies.   I have a Squest Sparq,
unused still in its packaging, for example.  After being sent one for
evaluation, I rejected it because it was offered only in the
printer-port version, which necessarily limits transfer bandwidth.

But there were plenty of "floppy" technologies, such as the UHD144, or
LS120 or Drivetec stuff.   I treat Bernoulli and Zip as a floppy-sort-of
technology, because they are incapable of reading standard floppies, so
I don't include them either, even though they employed flexible media.

--Chuck