"Personal" Computers (Was: Details about IBM's early 'scientific' computers)

Mark J. Blair nf6x at nf6x.net
Wed Nov 15 19:22:45 CST 2017

> On Nov 15, 2017, at 5:09 PM, Paul Koning via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
>

> Earlier, there was the SAGE computer (the air defense one, not the PC by the same name), which had built-in ash trays at each operator station.

With all of the possibly apocryphal stories of computer users mistaking CD drive trays for coffee cup holders, I can't help but wonder if anybody has ever mistaken the metallic cartridge slot cavity of the Atari 400/800 for an ash tray with a flip-up lid.

--
Mark J. Blair, NF6X <nf6x at nf6x.net>
http://www.nf6x.net/