WTB: HP-85 16k RAM Module and HPIB Floppy Drive

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Wed Nov 15 11:26:23 CST 2017

On 2017-11-15 12:40 AM, Mark J. Blair via cctalk wrote:
>> On Nov 14, 2017, at 20:33, Ed Sharpe via cctalk<cctalk at classiccmp.org>  wrote:
>>
>> ok back in my day.. I do not think 85 adressed modern drive of 1.44 meg..? so that was what I was going on.. yes if you can use 1.44 do so.. older new media hard to find...
> I am still new to this HP-85 stuff, but I think you are correct about the A model system not originally handling the 1.44M drive. I think that the upgraded B model ROMs in the PRM-85 are supposed to let it use the newer drives.

With something like a PRM-85 and the 85B mass storage, E disk and
extended mass Storage you can support SS80 devices such as the 9122C.  I
believe that the gentleman that created the PRM-80 distributes a
configuration for this exact purpose.  When I had an 85A I created my
own card for these ROMs and others and made my design available.

Paul.