Teletype 43

Jim Brain brain at jbrain.com
Wed May 24 00:14:23 CDT 2017

On 5/23/2017 10:45 PM, Ethan Dicks wrote:
> Back in the day, there was a re-inking product, the Mac Inker.
I have a Re-inker, though not exactly like the Mac Inker, but the Model
43 has a built in "Mac Inker"-like inking system.  It's a small loop of
ribbon with a large felt round ink pad in the cartridge.  So, if I can
get some ink into the felt, I should be OK.
> Since
> those are not easy to dig up now, what options are there?  Also,
> because there's often plenty of pigment, what oil/solvents are good to
> wrest some of that pigment back out of a dried ribbon?
That is a question I'd like to determine.  Google was little help
outside of calls to try WD40.

Jim