xv and VMS

Peter Coghlan cctalk at beyondthepale.ie
Wed May 17 16:35:10 CDT 2017

> I ask because I've been scraping together patches for xv and collecting
> them into a Github repo[1].  I've finished adding all the patches
> collected by Greg Roelofs, patches from OpenBSD, and now I'm working on
> eliminating unsafe calls like strcpy() and sprintf().  Could I get some of
> you VMS people to check out my work and submit any necessary changes?

Great.  Thanks for asking.  I'll take a look.

> My overall goal here is to clean up assorted bitrot and somehow convince
> John Bradley to loosen the license.  I believe that I have the most
> up-to-date codebase of xv available at the moment.

What's not to like about the license?  I've been using using XV for free for
over 20 years within the terms of the license.  I liked it so much I decided
to register and pay up anyway a few years ago even though the license said I
could continue to use it for free.

> [1] https://github.com/DavidGriffith/xv
>
> --
> David Griffith