IBM 4331 Mainframe

dwight dkelvey at hotmail.com
Mon May 1 11:53:51 CDT 2017

Aren't these water cooled?

I seem to remember hoses.

Dwight

________________________________
From: cctalk <cctalk-bounces at classiccmp.org> on behalf of Dave Wade G4UGM via cctalk <cctalk at classiccmp.org>
Sent: Monday, May 1, 2017 9:48:52 AM
To: 'Guy Sotomayor Jr'; 'General Discussion: On-Topic and Off-Topic Posts'
Subject: RE: IBM 4331 Mainframe

Yes I remember having a gentle discussion with the University of Salford electricians, who wanted to know why I wanted 2 x 100amp feeds for the room into which the 4361 (I think it was a 4361, might have been a 4331 or 4341) was placed. I don't think we ever loaded them at 100amps but that was what IBM required. One was for the AirCon and the other for the CPU. If I remember properly those disks are the truculent ones. Assuming you have AirCon they need to sit for several hours to acclimatise.

> TTFN - Guy

Dave