MC68K's on DEUNA's

allison ajp166 at verizon.net
Fri Mar 24 12:40:21 CDT 2017

On 03/24/2017 01:19 PM, John Wilson via cctalk wrote:
> On Fri, Mar 24, 2017 at 12:44:37PM -0400, Noel Chiappa via cctalk wrote:
>> So all the DEUNA's I've seen have L10 (ceramic package, 10Mhz) 68K's in them.
>> Has anyone tried using anything else, and did it work?
>>
>> I _assume_ an x12 would work, but until someone has acutally tried it...
> I don't know, but isn't the DEUNA T11-based?  So I think this is DELUA?
> I'm getting old ... could have it wrong.
DEQNA and DELQA (Qbus Ethernet adaptor) DELUA is Ubus and older.

> Anyway I'd be inclined to just try it.  How is a slightly-wrong CPU likely
> to do more damage than the definitely-fried CPU (right?) that's in there now?
I'd be surprised the CPU is fried.  Stolen for other uses maybe.

The 68K came in two major forms one was 16 bit bus the other was 8bit bus.
That swap would be likely to hurt the cpu.  The other variants are package,
mask revision levels ( due to bugs in the microcode) and Clock maximum.

Allison