Full immersion emulation

Chuck Guzis cclist at sydex.com
Wed Mar 1 17:22:25 CST 2017

On 03/01/2017 11:46 AM, Tony Duell wrote:

> But presumably on an emulator there will be some kind of volume
> control. Or even unplug the speaker(s) if you want silence...

But then, what of the "realism"?  Is the sound of a  half-ton of
dynamite going off realistic at 50 dB?  Many aspects of "the good old
days" weren't all that good.

I suppose we could also provide a sensation of reality by slowing our
modern systems to a crawl, having them go down every few days, and
include some rats under a raised floor.  Thank  you, no.

I like my computers quiet.

--Chuck