RL02 to image file

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Thu Jun 1 12:12:13 CDT 2017

On Thu, Jun 1, 2017 at 7:59 AM, Jay Jaeger via cctalk
<cctalk at classiccmp.org> wrote:
> I can.  I use a DR11 parallel port on an 11/24 to transfer the files.

Interesting.  I'd like to see how you tackled that (I can imagine
wanting a couple of layers of integrity-checking, for one).

> Used to do it to a PC with an old serial port, but now I can do it with an Arduino and connect it to a PC via Ethernet

Neat.  Any write-up of this or shared code to keep from re-inventing the wheel?

I was going to do a bunch of imaging with a basic machine and
vtserver, but this sounds much, much faster.  I have piles of 8"
floppies, RK05 packs and RL02 packs to copy off.  Not doing it at
1KB/sec is always an option.

-ethan