I finall flashed my XTIDE rev 1, now what?

Paul Berger phb.hfx at gmail.com
Fri Jan 27 20:09:33 CST 2017

I just did this for cards based on the Lo-tech CF card adapter in both a
original XT and also a PC Convertible (5140) .   I found that not all CF
cards work especially on the version in the Convertible, but can greatly
increase the likely hood of success buy wiping the  first few
"cylinders" of the CF card.   Then boot DOS from a diskette , first run
fdisk make sure the partition you create is marked as active, then
format with the /S option to transfer the system files over.  I rarely
had to do the fdisk /mbr.  I was playing with cards from 16MB up to 4GB
and even a 4GB microdrive.  I settled on a 256MB card which is plenty
for DOS.  I got some 128MB and 256MB cards on eBay really cheap.

Paul.