Transformer part ID please

Adrian Graham witchy at binarydinosaurs.co.uk
Tue Jan 24 02:35:06 CST 2017

On 24/01/2017 06:06, "Tony Duell" <ard.p850ug1 at gmail.com> wrote:

>> and it's 0.6ohm max.
>
> Are you telling me that if you put 2 logic analyser inputs on 2 points on the
> same trace (which tests as continuous with an ohmmeter) that said 2 LA
> channels don't show the same thing? If so, the LA needs repairing!

...or binning given how much they cost. Thinking about it, with the 'simple
parallel' decoding option of the software I can clock the sampling using the
external 8085 clock on pin 37. If THAT gives inconsistent results then I can
only assume it's not up to the job.

> Given the problems I've had with even clean old sockets, I would have
> replaced those. Corroded sockets must be worse. And I can't believe
> they used turned-pin sockets in something like this.

Yes, it surprised me too. They do seem to have used decent components though
which is probably why it was so expensive back in 1984. I'll change the
sockets tonight.

--
Adrian/Witchy
Binary Dinosaurs creator/curator