Attempt at Compaq keybord swap with a PC keyboard (failed)

Randy Dawson rdawson16 at hotmail.com
Mon Jan 23 10:53:41 CST 2017

Hi William,

I did use the original kybd to trace out the clock and data, most of the keys work, and I have good scope shots.  I am on it again today, because it sure seems like it should work, using a PC keyboard.

I did not take scope shots on the first test, thinking it should just work.

Hopefully its just a signal inversion, I cant imagine the protocol is that different.  Each keypress looked like a byte of data, 8 cycles on the clock line with corresponding bits on data line.

Randy