Macintosh Plus: 31 years old this coming Monday

Chris Hanson cmhanson at eschatologist.net
Mon Jan 16 13:51:21 CST 2017

On Jan 15, 2017, at 10:56 AM, Jules Richardson <jules.richardson99 at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/14/2017 10:12 PM, Chris Hanson wrote:
>> Maybe I’ll take some time out on Monday to finally fit mine with the
>> replacement analog board that I’ve acquired, so I can enjoy that
>> beautiful bluish-white phosphor glow once again.
>
> I have a couple - but only one mouse, and no keyboards, which is a bit of a problem :-)
>
> I think someone had worked out the protocol and scancodes, so there was the possibility of making an interface for a modern keyboard, but there are just far too many other projects in the way first.

If I remember correctly, the protocol is documented in Inside Macintosh Volume III. The scan codes are definitely documented somewhere in the original Volumes I-III, and again in IV.

(Inside Macintosh Volume IV documented the Mac 512Ke and the Mac Plus; the Plus keyboard combined the original keyboard with the numeric keypad.)

  -- Chris