What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Jeff Woolsey jlw at jlw.com
Sun Jan 15 22:58:26 CST 2017

On 1/15/17 7:20 PM, Alan Perry wrote:

> If I had something rare, I would donate it to an appropriate museum.
Good luck with that.  I tried with my rarest, and they claimed they
already had one.

Someone mentioned Vectrex, which isn't all that rare.  However, my
one-off homebrew S-100 Vectrex interface is rare enough.  Basically it's
just dual ported ordinary memory with a bit on the S-100 side that says
whose turn it is to use the memory.

Another rare item is my Texas Instruments SR-22 calculator.  It does
full floating point in decimal, hexadecimal, and octal.  Scientific
notation is in the same base, with an octal point and base-8 exponent,
for example.

Burroughts E1400 deskside unit for the accounting machine.  It's 1966
vintage, and has a couple core planes.  I have the printset, too.  It
makes a dandy table, and hasn't seen any moving electrons (or holes) for
30 years.  The local museum refused it, though.

--
Jeff Woolsey {{woolsey,jlw}@jlw,first.last@{gmail,jlw}}.com
Nature abhors straight antennas, clean lenses, and empty storage.