Need serial cabe for pdp 11/34 M7856

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Sun Jan 15 12:56:17 CST 2017

    > From: Devin

    > i need a cable that is wired for serial.

You mean EIA, right? (They're both serial... :-)

    > If no one has the cable, i could make one myself

The EIA serial cables that plug into the Berg connectors are pretty much
unobtainium. I have a couple that came with an 11/04 I bought, but I've never
seen one for sale, individually. So yes, you are going to have to make one.
Fortunately, that's not too hard!

    > i just need the 40 pin connector that goes on the cable.

These connector (the individual wire kind, not the flat cable kind) can be
found on eBay under the search term "dupont connector housing". Here's a
listing for the 2x20 kind you need for a DEC serial cable:

    http://www.ebay.com/itm/172446135576

The same search terms should provide the pins, too. The quality will be
pretty crappy, but I find working with regular electronics suppliers' sites
to be too painful (for me, at least).

	Noel