What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

Jon Elson elson at pico-systems.com
Wed Jan 11 09:34:23 CST 2017

On 01/11/2017 06:58 AM, Erik Baigar wrote:

> Hi Jon,
>
> thanks for your mail - the Alert looks interesting (I also
> collect such
> vintage Ex-MIL gear).
>
>> I have a Honeywell Alert.  It is a 24-bit aircraft
>> computer that was originally designed for the X-15 project.
>> It was the 2nd "mass-produced" computer in the US to use
>> ICs. The first was the Apollo Guidance Computer.
>
> Do you have got any pictures of the unit and the CPU card
> set?
> Of course it uses core memory, right?

I should take some pics.  I have a set of EMM core units in
a matching 1/2 ATR box that I'm pretty sure went with it.
Apparently on mission critical applications, they used BiAx
which was non-destructive readout.

I managed to get history of the project documents from
Honeywell that document the whole project, too!

Jon