pdp-11 assembly standards

Noel Chiappa jnc at mercury.lcs.mit.edu
Wed Jan 11 08:07:03 CST 2017

    > From: Brent Hilpert

    > This one:
    > Reading more closely, the encoding has some relation back to BBC BASIC.

Given this (from the documentation):

  Assembler directives
  --------------------
  #include <filename>     Includes the specified file.
  #ifndef <label>         Continue assembling if <label> is undefined.
  #ifdef <label>          Continue assembling if <label> is defined.
  #if <value>             Continue assembling if <value> is non-zero.
  #else                   Toggle assembly.
  #endif                  Continue assembling.

which is clearly C-related, I wonder if there is some relationship there (the
'%o' looks rather printf()-ish).

Although I note the documentation says "any valid value recognised by BBC
BASIC" - does BBC basic use the leading '%' notation for constants?

	Noel