What's the rarest or most unusual computer-related item do you own?

COURYHOUSE at aol.com COURYHOUSE at aol.com
Tue Jan 10 19:33:32 CST 2017

DIGITAL TRAINERS

TUBE TYPE - IBM Digital trainer -   uses  the earliest of  IBM plug in tube
things that were in their commercial systytems
http://www.smecc.org/video/logic_5.gif
IF ANYONE CAN SHED LIGHT ON THIS IT WOULD BE  FANTASTIC!

SOLID STATE   -  DEC COMPUTER LAB  with the pdp-8 I  toggles... not  RARE
but   is  cool!

RELAY - - MINIVAC 601

COMPUTERS

for  tube computer    - -  our  sage   stuff  also.

for solid state   -  some of  our  GE   Erma   material.

for mechanical analog  computer   -- some kid of weird  thing  with gears
shafts , bellows and I think
this weird thing runs off compressed air. details  pending

for electronic analog computer - Syston Donner  with Tubes in  it not that
RARE but  we  are proud of it!

for calculators -   W.W. Salisbury's  HP 35 that he   used for Spiral
Fusion Calculations

ACTIVE  DEVICES

Tubes- -  single Plate early Deforest Spherical Audion

Transistors - -  experimental and Pre-production  prototypes  ALL Bell
Transistors

DIGITAL TRAINERS

IBM Digital trainer -   uses  the earliest of IBM plug in  tube things that
were in their commercial systems
http://www.smecc.org/video/logic_5.gif
IF ANYONE CAN SHED LIGHT ON THIS IT WOULD BE FANTASTIC!
Comes in a fitted  wood case with lots of plugable modules with tubes  and
other  parts.

But  we  love all the  stuff!  Ed#  _www.smecc.org_ (http://www.smecc.org)

In a message dated 1/10/2017 4:42:21 P.M. US Mountain Standard Time,
mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us writes:

On Tue,  10 Jan 2017, Andy Cloud wrote:

> I thought this would be an  interesting question to ask around - What's
the
> rarest or most unusual  computer-related item do you own?

64Kbit core plane from  an AN/FSQ-7 (SAGE)  computer:

http://q7.neurotica.com/Oldtech/SAGE/Coreplane-1L.jpg

...along with other Q7  parts:

http://q7.neurotica.com/Oldtech/SAGE/

Mike  Loewen                 mloewen at cpumagic.scol.pa.us