LC8-P (M8365) PDP8 printer interface schematics

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Jan 3 21:55:22 CST 2017

On Tue, Jan 3, 2017 at 8:04 PM, Charles Dickman <chd at chdickman.com> wrote:
> I am looking for schematics or any documentation for the LA180
> interface for the PDP8/e. A scan would be great. I want to see if I
> can use it to interface to a Centronics interface printer.

I don't have the schematics (I do have an LC8-P somewhere), but I
remember back in the day, people wanted to go the other way - feed a
PC printer w/Centronics interface from a DEC interface.

There some discussion of this here...
http://www.verycomputer.com/7_6d5ee14552657121_1.htm

I don't know if Berg pin S on the LC8-P is a mode select like it is on
an LP11/LPV11 (perhaps the LC8-P doesn't switch modes), but it
shouldn't be hard to trace that out.  The data and handshake lines
should be at the same positions or the LC8-P wouldn't be able drive an
LA-180.

-ethan