was: National Semi... is Apple ][ collectability (if any)

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Tue Jan 3 02:09:36 CST 2017

On 1/2/2017 11:26 PM, Brad H wrote:
> I brought the RFI thing up with him.  No response.  There is a legit Rev 1 there too asking $3500.  I don't find Apple IIs below Rev 0 that interesting anymore, personally.  I think even the legit guy would struggle to get much above $1500.
The vintagecomputer museum guy on epay is selling mounted and framed
motherboards now for $1500 (might not work noted).

I guess someone would care about low ref Apple 2's but I'm not sure why
there would be any interest.  I've got one I bought with the original
packing box, which I have picked and moved twice, which is rare for my
collecting, but I don't know what makes any Apple 2 like that
collectible.  As in why are they collectible with low serials / part
numbers.

is there any documentation as to when they were made with those numbers
that would make them significant?  The numbers made as Raymond said
would make most of us with Apple 2's millionaires I'd think unless they
have some other significance.

just curious.
thanks
Jim