DEC VT100/220 line wrapping semantics sought

Mattias Engdegård mattiase at acm.org
Tue Feb 28 09:21:41 CST 2017

Some time ago I solicited help investigating how DEC VT terminals handle line wrapping, mainly for the purpose of accurate emulation. Having received assistance from very kind people -- many thanks! -- some of the findings have now been summarised at https://github.com/mattiase/wraptest, in case it would be of help to anyone else.

Data for VT100, VT220 and VT510 have been collected, as well as several emulators (https://github.com/mattiase/wraptest/blob/master/results.txt). If anyone has access to other working terminals, VT3xx/VT4xx in particular, I'd be most grateful if you would take a few minutes to run the test program.