IBM Series/1 listed on UK Ebay

jim stephens jwsmail at jwsss.com
Wed Feb 22 12:12:52 CST 2017

On 2/22/2017 10:02 AM, Chuck Guzis wrote:
> On 02/22/2017 09:17 AM, Bill Gunshannon wrote:
>
>> I ride both horses and motorcycles and I have never heard that
>> particual phrasing used for a motorcycle.
> I'd always heard it (for horses) as "rode hard and put up wet".
>
> http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=rode%20hard%20and%20put%20up%20wet
>

> --Chuck
Several friends who do a lot of Harley riding use the term with Hogs
that were not treated right.  I adopted it for such as the Series/1
system which has serious condition issues.

The first photos that were dimly lit I thought were the edges of the
slip case document binders, and if so were probably shot.  Then I
realized that the one plate was the metal ID badge.  The other labels
look bad, as does a lot of the other closeups.  I didn't see any photos
of the internals either.