New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 16:44:23 CST 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 5:33 PM, Philipp Hachtmann <hachti at hachti.de> wrote:
>> What does it take to post-program the CPLD?
>
> The board has a programming header. So after soldering it's no problem.

Perfect.

> You need a JTAG programming adapter that can be used by the Xilinx tools
> (impact).
> I use this one:
> https://shop.trenz-electronic.de/en/24624-JTAG-HS2-Programming-Cable

I have an older JTAG adapter that has, IIRC, a 2x5 header plug

> Perhaps you can borrow one. The tools can be downloaded on the Xilinx
> website. Then you are also able to alter the code and make the ting do other
> stuff for you.

Awesome.  I'm definitely interested in the least amount of
pre-assembly.  I've been burning PALs and GALs and EPROMs for over 30
years.  I own several full-sized programmers, I just wasn't sure what
adapter this CPLD was happy with.

Thanks!

-ethan