New batch of pdp8 OMNIBUS to USB interface! Please Read and react!

Ethan Dicks ethan.dicks at gmail.com
Tue Feb 14 09:02:55 CST 2017

On Tue, Feb 14, 2017 at 8:27 AM, Alfred M. Szmidt <ams at gnu.org> wrote:
> FWIW, Mini-B connectors are on their way out, nor USB OTG compliant.
> Though agreed that they are flimsy... Why not just a type A or
> something? Easy, big, and robust.

This is a peripheral.  USB OTG doesn't apply, and USB-A would be
"inappropriate".  Pretend this is an inkjet printer.  What plug would
you expect to find on that?

I don't _mind_ Mini (I have a number of devices and cables that are
mini) and it _is_ more robust than Micro (I have seen plenty of phones
and tablets with broken micro plugs).

I have a suggestion... put 4 vias on 0.1" spacing next to the micro
connector so we could, for example, add a chassis-friendly exit cable
of our own purchase/manufacture if we choose, to have a nice fat USB-B
on the outside of the case.

https://newnex.com/images/UHR1-B-0005Blarge.jpg

-ethan